WORK & EXPERIENCE
Bendita Rebeldía (Feature Film - 2020)
Writer, Director, and Co-Producer
Colombian theatrical release on February 13th, 2020
Colombian Distribution with Cine Colombia
Sales: Shoreline Entertainment
The Fire Escape (Short Film- 2015)
Writer, Director, and Producer
2015 Greenwich Village Film Festival Official Selection
Filmmaker: CHARLIE (Short Film - 2017)
We Made It In Sundance 2017 Competition by The Creative Mind Group: Audience Award, Best Script, and Best Editing.
First Assistant Director in Shot Films:
Three Nights and a Goat (2018) by Nicolás Becerra.
Carmen (2017) by Angelica Blandón.
- Director at Dirty Kitchen (2017-): Directed the web series for Cómo con: Bancolombia- Sign Language, working with a hearing-impaired actor in a series of instructional videos that aim to create helpful and entertaining content while expanding the inclusion in their audience.
- Filmmaker for Company Videos: Produced, directed, shot and edited the institutional videos for Fundación Con Las Manos, and educational organization that reinforces math to students of limited resources, HAPPYTREE EDUCATION, an educational wellness organization and Lucky Penny Trio, a jazz band.
- First Assistant Director at Dirty Kitchen (2015-2018): First assistant director for the Bogotá-based digital content production company. Directed the casting process, developed the shooting schedule, met with the crew and clients and assisted the director during rehearsals. Supervised the shooting schedule and problem-solved the logistics on set. Some of the clients I worked with are Univisión, Nestlé, Bancolombia, GEF and Renault and their in-house content consisted of the web series Adulto Contemporáneo, Sincerademente and Memester.
- First Assistant Director at La Guapa Films (2015): Organized the pre-production and lead the team on set to stay on top of the schedule for PURINA Magazine Commercial and CatChow 2015 Campaign.
- Production Assistant at Narcos Season 2 – Dynamo Producciones / Gaumont Televison (2015): Set PA for the second season of Narcos. Arrived first on set with the production team to prepare all the logistics for every shooting day. Stayed on top of the schedule and all the day-to-day needs of the set for the good performance of the whole team.
- Intern at Concourse Film Trade (2017): Welcomed clients and assisted during the meetings and events of this LA-based distribution and marketing film agency for independent and low budget films for both domestic and international films during the American Film Market 2017.
- Second Assistant Director at Los Notarios (2016): Organized the pre-production process for our clients summarizing the information on a presentation and researching references for the director for Interconección Eléctrica S.A.
- Media Journalist at Semana Media Group (2014-2015): Created the new media and digital content for the New Media team at Semana Magazine.
- Teaching Assistant at the University of Los Andes – Economics and Journalism Schools (2013-2014): TA for Media Lab, History of Media and Technology Through Time, and Game Theory.
- Intern at Citi (2013): Economic Research for Affluent intern researching for market strategies aimed at improve the financial performance of the client’s private portfolios.
New York Film Academy: Filmmaking Certificate, New York, USA (2015)
University of Los Andes: Bachelor of Economics with a minor in Journalism, Bogotá, Colombia (2014)
Thesis: Estímulo de la demanda a través de la oferta en industrias culturales: caso de la Ley de Cine del 2003. This work aims to analyze the extent to which an increase in the competitiveness of supply can stimulate growth in demand, studying the relationship between the Film Law of 2003 and attendance to Colombian films at the box office.
Diploma of the International Baccalaureate and Bilingual Diploma awarded.
Founding Member and Volunteer at Con Las Manos (2011-2013): An initiative that brings students for the University of los Andes to the elementary school of La Giralda in Las Cruces every Saturday to reinforce their math with lessons and games, helping their competitive advantage in the academic world.
Volunteer at Un Techo Para Mi País (2010): Built an emergency home for a family in the marginal neighborhoods of Soacha and Codito in Bogotá, along with the UTPMP team
Media: AVID Media Composer, Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, WordPress, and HTML5.
Data: Bloomberg, Stata, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Languages: Spanish (native), English (advanced), French (basic).